Quick Facts About Falls
- Falls are the leading cause of injury to seniors in Canada.
- Nova Scotia, 64% if falls requiring hospital admission occur in the home – this is significantly higher than the national average.
- Each year, one out of every three Canadian seniors will suffer a fall.
- Poorly corrected vision and age-related diseases of the eye are major contributors to the number of falls experience by seniors.
- Injuries caused by falls can result in pain, suffering and loss of independence?
- Falls are preventable.
Download the NS Community Links Falls Prevention home checklist to help identify any hazards that could potentially cause a fall:
November 15th to the 21st is Falls Prevention Week in Nova Scotia. Now is the time to ensure your and your loved ones are on track to have a fall-free winter.
If an automatic fall detector or any Northwood Intouch products or services interest you please give us a call at 1-800-461-3346 or 902-492-3346 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org